How's the JOSH ?- An altered canvas

March 27, 2019
Hello friends,

                      I am back with my Guest Design Post for Scraps N pieces Blog. It's an honour to design for an amazing blog. Thank you, Natassa Blazaki for a wonderful opportunity!!!

                          I am Vidhi Jadeja from India, an artist by profession, an avid blogger, a doting daughter-in-law, a mother of two sweet little angels, a full-time homemaker, a compassionate person, a trained artist with post graduate in commerce and a Diploma in Fine Arts. 

                  I am in crafting from last 2 years. The types of Art forms that interest me are Decoupage, Mix media art, Art Journal, Layouts and scrapbook making. But I am more interested these days in MIX MEDIA !!! I like all traditional Indian art forms.  With the passage of time, I realised my love and inclination towards vintage, rustic, wooden, masculine, distressed and ethnic art forms.

                  Creativity for me is all about inventing, experimenting, growing, taking risks, breaking rules, making mistakes and still having fun! 

                   Here are my Links if you want to follow !!!

Facebook:   Artery Crate page


                     I have altered a Canvas for my GDP. I just love March's Moodboard, my favourite colours and elements. I am inspired by Numbers, colours and rustic look of left-hand side image !!!


                         I altered the canvas and titled it "How's the JOSH?" Any Indian can relate to this line!!! As India is fighting against Terrorism right now... We, recently lost 40 CRPF Men in the worst Terror attack!!! So my this altered canvas is dedicated to them and just want to convey my message that "OUR JOSH IS STILL HIGH... "!!!

                        I was highly inspired by the Movie “URI” based on the surgical stikes India carried out to avenge the death of innocent Indiana. I tried to capture those memories of Indian soldiers through this movie and its lead actor " VICKY KAUSHAL ". I am his biggest fan and loved his acting in URI. Took his picture as my focal point. Hope you guys like it.



                      First I added a rice paper on canvas with soft gloss gel. After that, I added some Tim Holtz washi tapes here and there !!! I covered my canvas with Clear Gesso to prime mas base for further mediums to add.


                         For more texture, I applied Prima's white crackling paste through Decoart's stencil. I dried that naturally without using the heat tool. Randomly added die cuts of numbers with Soft gloss gel. To add colours, I used LIndy's magical shakers for shine and bright colours. They are really magical.  With the help of rust paste, I again did some stencilling here and there for more depth. 


                      After that, I roughly placed my chipboards and other elements to decide its place and coloured them with rust pastes. 
                         

                       I glued my all elements with Heavy matt gel...Added some new embellishments too!!!

                      


                    Finally, I added randomly Art stones with yellow rust paste and used finnabair waxes here and there for more shine. And it's done !!!










Materials I used :

1) Rice Paper
2) Soft Gloss Gel
3) White Crackling Paste
4) Washi tapes of Tim Holtz
5) Magical Shakers of Lindy's
6) Craftslane Travel Chipboards
7) Heavy Gel
8) Waxes of Finnabair
9) Rust pastes by Finnabair
10) Art stones by Finnabair

Thank you,
Vidhi Jadeja


No comments:

Powered by Blogger.