Spring is in the Air !!!

March 14, 2019
Hello friends,
                         I am back again with my inspirational post for The Element Craft Studio. Spring is here... " Spring is a lovely reminder of how beautiful change can truly be " This time I got MDF raw Perpetual calendar with the clock base as my DT kit.

                        Spring is here. So I keep that fresh yellow and orange colours in my mind and altered a beautiful perpetual calendar with a clock for my Kitchen. Sunshine is here again....yeah !!!!

                         Here is the procedure !!!

                         I selected beautiful papers from TECS !!! "  Sunny Side ". These papers are perfect for my theme.
                     First I coloured the base with Dark Brown chalk paint. There is no need for a primer
as MDF base and chalk paints of TECS are perfect to work  After that I applied crackle paste at some places and on borders, I rubbed wax for distressing. 

                   I selected one paper from the pack and cut a small round for the centre of my clock base 
and distressed the edges with Archival brown ink.

                    After that, I applied a Bright Yellow colour as a base colour on the entire surface except for blocks of a calendar. Now you can see fine small cracks on the surface.

                       Then I fussy cut some flowers and leaves from papers and distressed the edges with Archival brown ink. With little green and brown, I created shadows on the right side of the base and stuck flower and leaves there. Distressed the edges with Sandpaper to the entire base. I did some stamping too with Black archival ink here and there to create more interest.

                            Now, I added some chippies from TECS collection. Coloured them with little dark copper colour and for blocks of dates and month, I used a photo transfer technique. Applied Wax at the borders and then coloured them with Bright orange colour. After it dried distressed the edges with sandpaper. I laser print the numbers and months after flipping the image and stuck them on blocks with mod podge. (sorry somehow I deleted the process pic) Kept that overnight and removed gently with a wet sponge.

                           I stuck numbers on the clock and fixed the machine on its place.

                         After that last step, I found my two corners of the base little empty. So I added some stuff to look finished and voila it's done... Hope you guys love it :)

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.