" Dark night " - a mix media notebook

April 14, 2018
Hello folks,


                 How are you all ? Today I am back again with another project of mix media as i love that so much ....I altered an ordinary  ‘’MIX MEDIA NOTEBOOK’’.

Step 1:  Take any notebook of your choice. With a knife through Stencils, I did some textures on front cover.  I have applied randomly 2 in 1 Gesso and Modelling paste, Fibre paste and Grainy Texture paste to get beautiful textures on cover. After that I applied Black Gesso by dry brushing method on entire cover.




Step2:   I sprinkled Gold Embossing powder at some places to highlight the textures. Now start sticking the Embellishments of your choice on the cover with the help of silicon glue. After first layer of Embellishments again applied Black Gesso on it and repeat this procedure again with more embellishments for the second layer on cover.




Step3:   Then applied randomly Texture Sand and Crystal Drops with the help of Soft Gloss Gel. Soft Gloss Gel will help them to stick properly on page. I loved all beautiful shades of Gold Alcohol Splash from the store, so used two shades to get more depth for my project. I sprinkled Pink Punch and Frosted Pool colours at some places to get shine with lovely colours.


Step4:  Now applied Metallic Paints with brushes by Dry Bushing method on Embellishments till you will get the result which you want. When I am satisfied with the outcome, I applied bronze colour on top the embellishments to get the highlight which I want.




Step5:  At the end I have a beautiful pendant of OWL, which I used for my project and attached wings and chippie around it. Again did dry brushing on wings and chippie with the help of metallic colours and brushes to go with the background. I sprinkled Fairy Sparkle as a last step of my project to get more spark in it.



Supplies used from the store:

1.       Script and Grid Stencils
2.       2 in 1 Gesso and Modelling Paste
3.       Mix Media fibre Paste
4.       Grainy Texture Paste
5.       Mont Marte Gesso – Black
6.       Embossing Powder – Golden
7.       Texture Sand
8.       Crystal Drops
9.       Gold Alcohol Splash – Pink Punch and Frosted Pool
10.   Embellishments
11.   Silicon Glue
12.   Metalic Paints
13.   Fairy Sparkle – Bright Navy and Tawny Gold
14.   Soft Gloss Gel


Entering into following challenges :


  • Mix Media and Art   - I am inspired by an image of Owl  and try to create a scene of Dark night in woods and forest !!!

  • More than words challenges :  I am inspired by an Owl !!! I just love to use that in my projects . Here i try to make an image of dark night with an owl. The scary night in woods under a blue light of moon and dazzling stars. It makes me inspire  to wonder in Nature during a dark night. 
Hope you guys like my project !!!

Happy crafting ...

8 comments:

  1. Gorgeous project Vidhi !! Thanks for playing with us at More Than Words Challenges <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - this is stunning! What a fabulous project! Thanks for joining in the fun at More Than Words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely gorgeous! Love all the details and your work on a black background! And oh that owl... puts a smile on my face! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite the dramatic take on our challenge this month! Love your use of mixed media! All the best from MTW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous project and piece of art !! Thank you so much for joining us at MTW!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow wow wow! I love it! Thank you for playing with us at MTW challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect project! Love it! Thanks a lot for playing with us at Mixed Media & Place)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bold and brilliant comes to mind when I see this art. Nice tutorial.

    https://lonelycanopyblog.wordpress.com/2018/04/03/dow-hill-haunted-house-spirits-of-kurseong/

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.